Quick Response Process Flow
- Ordered quantities are generated directly from a Wegmans Store through either CAO (Computer Assisted Ordering) or by the Wegmans’ Replenishment Team/Merchandising Teams.
- Wegmans’ Replenishment Systems generates an EDI 850 Purchase Order.
- Wegmans prior to its arrival, confirming exact items/quantities being shipped on that order.
- Upon arrival, trailer is docked at a Wegmans DC, Items/pallets will be selected and the product will be directed to the destination stores.
- The supplier invoices Wegmans using standard EDI 810 /880 Invoice format must match the EDI 856 ASN.
Contact Wegmans EDI Coordinator at [email protected] for for mapping specifics and EDI questions.
- Pallets configured as “Store Ready” for Cross Docking should be organized and tagged appropriately to ensure timely and safe handling of product within a Wegmans DC.
- Pallets destined for different Stores should each have their own Pallet Label (seen here).
- If ordered quantities do not assemble into a full 72 cube pallet, it is acceptable for pallets to be “decked”, provided adequate labeling and product conditioning can still be met.
- Pallets should be labeled as “mixed product” to ensure proper segregation at a Wegmans DC.
- Palletized item specific pallets should follow steps 2&3 above and labeling would reflect the item in place of the store #.
Quick Response Program Specifications
- Transaction sets 850, 856 and 810/880 will be formatted in a single transaction including all stores and their respective items.
- We cannot accept shipper or assortment packs (single sku with multiple UPC’s).
- Purchase orders will be transmitted with retail (EU) or case UPC (UP).
- QR cannot accept minimums of any kind.
- Pre paid freight using a 3rd party carrier (UPS/Fed Ex Ground/Express are not acceptable).
- Deliveries should be scheduled and delivered on pre determined days by emailing for an appointment request.
- No Backorders Accepted Product that is not shipped AND not included on the ASN.
- Include BOL with shipment stating the total number of cases and total pallets shipped for the entire PO.
- If multiple PO’s are shipped at the same time product should be separated by PO (delivery appointment is needed for both PO’s).
- Provide a packing slip showing the number of cases shipped by store (and by PO # if shipping multiple PO’s).
- Customized container labels for suppliers who ship store ready pallets/cases Store # font size must be 100 or greater (see next section).
- Label boxes by store as 1 of XX cases on the UCC 128 label.
- Guarantee shipment and delivery of product on pre set days.
- Vendors that ship store ready cases pick/pack and palletize in numerical store order.
- Product should be shipped on good wood pallets see Wegmans Pallet Policy on Wegmans.com.
Store Ready Cases
- Stores will order multiple inner packs and/or cases of items.
- All inners ordered for one store should be put into one shipping carton vs shipping multiple small boxes. (Some store orders will warrant having more than 1 shipping carton).
- Labeled with the UCC128 label shown below.
- Wegmans leverages SSCC pallet labels to facilitate the inbound process.
- An SSCC Pallet Label (Serialized Shipping Container Code) is an Industry Standard & GS1 approved method of communicating contents of a specific pallet of product.
- There should be two SSCC labels clearly visible and affixed on the front and side of the pallet, with the label on the top third of the pallet.
- Pallets should be organized and tagged appropriately to ensure timely & safe product handling within a Wegmans DC.
- If quantities do not assemble into a full 72 cube pallet, it is acceptable to “deck”, provided adequate labeling and product conditioning are met.
- Pallets with multiple items should:
- Be marked as “Mixed Pallet” to ensure proper segregation at a Wegmans DC.
- Be separated by a pallet to facilitate efficient depalletizing.
- Each item have its own SSCC Pallet Label.
- *Mixed pallet breakdown required.
- Wegmans prefers the use of a GS1-128 Hybrid Pallet Label. Hybrid pallet labels include: