What is your check cashing policy?
In order to use a personal check for your purchases, you must provide us with a Shoppers Club Card embossed with your name that has been authorized for check cashing services (keytags are not accepted for check cashing services).
Wegmans reserves the right to refuse to accept/cash any check, as check cashing is a courtesy we offer our Shoppers Club customers.
If you would like to add personal check cashing services to your Shoppers Club Card, here is what we need:
- Valid (not expired) photo driver’s license or DMV photo ID (no Military ID's or Passport's accepted).
- To see a personal check with your printed name for verification of check requirements.
- A voided copy of your check for Electronic Checking Services only.
- We reserve the right to decline check writing services to any individual with a license out of our market areas.
Personal Checks (Paper & Electronic)
- With a new Shoppers Club Card with check cashing privileges, you may write 2 checks for a total amount of $200, within a 6-day period.
- With a Shoppers Club Card (embossed with your name) after 6 weeks, you may write 4 checks up to $400 within a 6-day period.
- With a Shoppers Club Card (embossed with your name) after 6 months, you may write 8 checks up to $500 within a 6-day period.
- All personal checks must be made out to Wegmans (no third party checks).
Need higher personal check cashing limits? Need to update your address? Call Shoppers Club Customer Service 1-800-848-1555.
Checks Not Accepted
- Third-Party Checks
- Bluebird checks by American Express
- Altered, Post-Dated, or Stale-Dated Checks
- Checks Drawn on any Foreign Bank
- Counter Checks
- Out-of-Area Checks (Customers must have local address on checks)
- Starter Checks (not imprinted with name)
- Home-Printed Checks
- Payroll/Government, or any other non-personal check
- Money Orders
Travelers Checks: You may cash U.S. Travelers Checks up to a combined total of $500. They must be countersigned at check-out and presented with valid (not expired) photo ID.
Rebate Checks: You may cash rebate checks up to and including $20.
Returned Checks: In the event your check is returned unpaid for insufficient or uncollected funds, we may electronically debit your account for the amount of the check.
We may also generate a draft or electronically debit your account with a service fee amount due as allowed by law.
- $20 -- New York
- $25 -- Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- $35 -- Maryland, Virginia
Wegmans reserves the right to refuse to cash any check.