General Shipment Requirements:
- Purchase Orders must ship complete.
- Wegmans does not accept back-orders
- If prior approval is given by Wegmans Category Merchant: backordered items require a new Purchase Order to be created prior to the shipment arriving.
- Item shortages/out-of-stocks must be immediately communicated to the appropriate Wegmans Category Merchant and/or Buyer.
- Orders are to ship to arrive on the requested delivery date as shown on the Purchase Order.
- Vendor performance will be reviewed quarterly as to their on-time arrival (early or late).
- Any order that will not arrive as requested must immediately be communicated to the appropriate Wegmans Category Merchant and/or Buyer.
- Only one purchase order per full truck load quantities.
- PO’s over one truckload should be communicated to Wegmans Category Merchant or Buyer BEFORE PO ships.
- Please provide additional item level detail and quantities. New PO’s will be created for each additional truck.
Packing List Requirements:
For each purchase order shipped, there must be a legible Packing List with the following information included:
- Purchase order number.
- Wegmans item number (commodity code).
- Accurate product description.
- Total number of cases shipped by item.
- Case pack quantity.
- If applicable, please provide inner pack carton quantity.