Wegmans pledge to you
Since 1916, our business philosophy has been to be the very best at serving the wants and needs of our customers. Wegmans understands that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will use the information wisely and legitimately. You have our word that the information gathered through this site will only be used on behalf of giving you, our valued customer, our very best.
Why do we need personal information from you?
The information you provide helps us understand your preferences, so we can personalize and continually improve your shopping experience.
What information do we collect?
We collect the following information which you provide to us:
- Contact information, such as name, address, telephone number and email address
- Your favorite stores, products and recipes
- Household information
- Payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and expiration date
- Questions, communications and other content you submit
- Wegmans.com login credentials, including your password
- Purchases made with your Shoppers Club card or number
- Job application information
If you have a Wegmans Shoppers Club account, the information you provided on your application is merged with your wegmans.com profile (if you choose to register for our online services). Whether we interact with you online or at our stores, we feel it's important to have one account for you, to facilitate customer service.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect in a variety of ways, including:
- Communicating with you about products, events and promotions
- Conducting research and analysis, including surveys and focus groups
- Administering contests and sweepstakes
- Processing purchases and payments
- Sending notices of product recalls
- Administering your account
- Evaluating and improving our products and services
- Preventing fraud, managing exposure to risk, and complying with our legal obligations
Wegmans does not sell your personal information to anyone.
How is your information shared?
Access to customer information is limited to employees who need it in order to serve customers or maintain our information systems. All employees are subject to our company Information Security Policies.
We may provide purchase information to vendors in aggregate form (i.e., customer non-specific) in order to bring you special offers on products and services.
- Service Providers
We may share information with companies that provide support services to us, such as direct mail, email, web hosting, and payment processing. These companies are not authorized to share or use the information we provide for any other purpose.
- Third Parties
- Other situations
We may release customer information when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law, enforce our legal rights; or to protect our customers or us. We may also release your information if you request or authorize us to do so.
How secure is information about me?
- Securing your personal information is a top priority. We have administrative, technical and physical safeguards in place to protect your information. Our website uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption so that your personal information cannot be read as it passes over the Internet.
- Remember to keep your email address and password secure. Also, be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What information can I access about myself?
Wegmans.com gives you access to your record for updating information and for viewing it. All of the information you've shared with us is available to you only, through My Account. Please review your profile on a regular basis and up-date it so we can serve you better.
Privacy of Mobile Applications
Our mobile applications may allow you to create a shopping list, search or add products to a favorites list, check price or product availability, print coupons and engage in a variety of other activities and services.
Also, our mobile applications collect information about the location of your device. You must first provide permission through your device before our mobile applications obtain such location information from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity (or a combination of these technologies). We, and our service providers, may use and store this information, in combination with other location-based information such as IP address and billing, to provide enhanced location based services, such as store specific services, search results, and other content. You can stop all collection of information by our mobile applications easily by uninstalling the mobile applications. Also, you may opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
Pharmacy customers can find our Notice of Privacy Practices here.
Our website is not designed nor intended to collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have received personal information on this web site from a visitor under the age of thirteen, we will delete the information from our records.
Links to Other Sites
Our website may provide links to other sites for your convenience and information. These websites are operated by companies not affiliated with us, and have their own privacy policies. We are not responsible for the content of those websites, your use of them, or their privacy practices.
Changes to this Policy