Safety Remains Our Top Priority
Amid the ongoing health pandemic, this holiday season will be unlike any other. While many are considering new, safe ways to celebrate the season with friends and family, at Wegmans, we’re focused on keeping our employees and customers safe during this busy time of year at our stores.
Safety in our Stores
Since the start of the pandemic, we’ve taken extra steps to ensure our facilities and stores remain a safe place to work and shop. During the last eight months, we’ve learned a lot about what works and what doesn’t. You will continue to see many of the safety measures we rolled out in the spring, as well as some new ones. We:
- Continue to have dedicated cleaning teams. These teams are responsible for the increased sanitation of high-contact touchpoints throughout store, as well as increased frequency of our everyday sanitation practices. Shopping carts are also sanitized regularly throughout the day.
- Operate our stores well below capacity limits. During peak shopping hours, our store teams will use people counters to ensure we stay within the lowered capacity limits. Additionally, store leaders are encouraged to close the doors and control the flow of people into the store if needed.
- Have limited seating in our Market Café areas (where seating is allowed).
- Offer additional hand sanitizer stations throughout the store and at each register.
- Require cashiers to clean and sanitize their register belt and station at least once an hour, as well as take a hand-wash break every 30 minutes.
- Encourage social distancing through visual indicators placed on the floor throughout the store.
- Use plexiglass shields at service areas and counters throughout the store.
- Require all employees to complete a wellness check before the start of each shift.
- Will install live outdoor cameras at our highest-traffic stores, so customers can go online and see how busy the store is.
Require customers and employees to wear a face covering while in our stores in accordance with applicable local or state mandates.
Christmas and New Year’s Store Hours
To give our employees an opportunity to celebrate the Christmas holiday, our stores will close at 6 p.m. on Thursday, December 24, and reopen on Saturday, December 26, at 6 a.m., with the exception of our Brooklyn and Massachusetts stores, which will reopen at 7 a.m.
For the New Year’s holiday, our stores will close at 8 p.m. on Thursday, December 31, and reopen on Friday, January 1, at 6 a.m., with the exception of our Brooklyn and Massachusetts stores, which will reopen at 7 a.m.