Grilling Steaky Fish
Get great results grilling steaky cuts of fish such as swordfish and tuna.
- Wegmans Organic Basting Oil or Wegmans Pure Olive Oil
- Wegmans Vegetable Oil
- Fish to be grilled
- Salt and pepper
- Metal grill brush
- Soft cloth or grill wipes
- Digital thermometer
- Tongs or slotted spatula
- Basting brush
- Serving platters and/or storage containers
1. Mise en Place
- Preheat grill on HIGH 10 min. Coat cleaned grill grate lightly with vegetable oil.
- Drizzle both sides of fish lightly with basting oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to MED.
- Sear fish 1-3 min until color changes one-quarter of way up from bottom.
- Turn over; baste. Sear 1-3 min.
- Turn over again; cook 1-3 min until internal temp reaches 130˚ (check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of fish).
- Transfer to serving platter; let rest at least 2 min.