We launched Food You Feel Good About in 1991 with a commitment of great taste with no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Since 2014, we have improved over 2,000 Wegmans items to meet our Food You Feel Good About standards, and today, nearly 90% of all Wegmans brand items are Food You Feel Good About with new items coming every day.
Food You Feel Good About means:
- Great taste
- No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- Free of trans fats from partially hydrogenated oils
- No high fructose corn syrup
- No artificial sweeteners
Ingredients Not Added to Food You Feel Good About Products
Since 1991 we’ve been removing “artificials” from our ingredient lists, especially certain colors, flavors, preservatives and sweeteners. We’ve listened to customers along the way to also remove all partially hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup. Every ingredient decision involves study and debate by our labeling staff, nutritionists, product developers and merchants. Certified organic items always meet Food You Feel Good About ingredient criteria.
- We allow ingredients that are found in nature even if produced from something else. Examples: citric acid, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherols (vitamin E) & enzymes.
- We allow ingredients that are pantry staples, even though they may be highly processed like baking powder, corn syrup and cane sugar.
- Although nitrates and sulfites are not directly added, they may be naturally occurring in other ingredients such as celery (nitrates) and grapes (sulfites).
- If concerned about agricultural practices, incidental additives or processing aids, know that certified organic products provide a greater level of ingredient scrutiny.
List of commonly asked about ingredients that are not added to Food You Feel Good About products
Bromated Vegetable Oil
Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA)
Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT)
Calcium Disodium EDTA
Calcium Stearoyl Lactylate
DATEM – Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Ester of Mono and Diglycerides
Glycine Soja Oil
High Fructose Corn Syrup
High Maltose Corn Syrup
Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (HVP)
Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein
Metabisulfite of Potassium
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
Nitrates / Nitrites
Partially Hydrogenated Oils (PHO)
Propionic Acid Propionates
Sodium Aluminum Sulfate
Sodium Silico Aluminate
Sodium Starch Glycolate
Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate
Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate
We will continue to listen to our customers as we partner with suppliers; list may change over time. Last updated 2/13/23
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us with specific ingredient questions.
Wegmans Customer Care Center, Monday-Friday 8am-7pm ET, Saturday & Sunday 8am-5pm ET, 1-800-WEGMANS (934-6267).