What is your check cashing policy?
In order to use a personal check for your purchases, you must provide us with a Shoppers Club Card embossed with your name that has been authorized for check cashing services (keytags are not accepted for check cashing services).
Wegmans reserves the right to refuse to accept/cash any check, as check cashing is a courtesy we offer our Shoppers Club customers.
If you would like to add personal check cashing services to your Shoppers Club Card, here is what we need:
- Valid (not expired) photo driver’s license or DMV photo ID (no Military ID's or Passport's accepted).
- To see a personal check with your printed name for verification of check requirements.
- A voided copy of your check for Electronic Checking Services only.
- We reserve the right to decline check writing services to any individual with a license out of our market areas.
Personal Checks (Paper & Electronic)
- With a new Shoppers Club Card with check cashing privileges, you may write 2 checks for a total amount of $200, within a 6-day period.
- With a Shoppers Club Card (embossed with your name) after 6 weeks, you may write 4 checks up to $400 within a 6-day period.
- With a Shoppers Club Card (embossed with your name) after 6 months, you may write 8 checks up to $500 within a 6-day period.
- All personal checks must be made out to Wegmans (no third party checks).
Need higher personal check cashing limits? Need to update your address? Call Shoppers Club Customer Service 1-800-848-1555.
Checks Not Accepted
- Third-Party Checks
- Bluebird checks by American Express
- Altered, Post-Dated, or Stale-Dated Checks
- Checks Drawn on any Foreign Bank
- Counter Checks
- Out-of-Area Checks (Customers must have local address on checks)
- Starter Checks (not imprinted with name)
- Home-Printed Checks
- Payroll/Government, or any other non-personal check
- Money Orders
Travelers Checks: You may cash U.S. Travelers Checks up to a combined total of $500. They must be countersigned at check-out and presented with valid (not expired) photo ID.
Rebate Checks: You may cash rebate checks up to and including $20.
Returned Checks: In the event your check is returned unpaid for insufficient or uncollected funds, we may electronically debit your account for the amount of the check.
We may also generate a draft or electronically debit your account with a service fee amount due as allowed by law.
- $20 -- New York
- $25 -- Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- $35 -- Maryland, Virginia
Wegmans reserves the right to refuse to cash any check.
What is your credit & debit card policy?
MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express credit cards, along with debit cards, may be used for purchases at any register. Regrettably, we are unable to take credit or debit card numbers over the phone with the exception of catering orders placed through our Catering Departments or our Gift & Party Line at 1-800-914-GIFT. Shoppers Club discounts will be given with credit and debit card transactions if a Wegmans Shoppers Club Card/key tag is used.
Do you accept EBT cards for purchases?
Yes. All of our food stores accept EBT cards according to the terms of the state that the store is located in.
What is your purchases and adjustments policy?
General Merchandise 30-Day Price Adjustment
If we put general merchandise on sale within 30 days of your purchase, you may request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you paid and the sale price, as long as you present your original register receipt. This policy does not apply to merchandise that is on clearance or discontinued.
What is your coupon policy?
We gladly accept both Manufacturer's and Wegmans store coupons.
We double manufacturers' coupons* with a face value of $.99 or less with the following exceptions and limitations:
- Coupons with a face value of $1.00 or greater will be redeemed at face value.
- One manufacturers' coupon per item for a SPECIFIC BRAND product.
- Only FOUR (4) manufacturers' coupons will be accepted on FOUR (4) of the same brand product per day.*
- The double or face value of a coupon may NOT exceed the retail price.
- One manufacturers' coupon and Shoppers Club discount or store coupon may be redeemed on the same item. The combination of a manufacturers' coupon and a Shoppers Club discount/store coupon may not exceed the retail price.
- One manufacturers' coupon may be redeemed for each Family Pack product.
- We cannot give you a raincheck for manufacturers' coupons.
- We do not accept manufacturers' coupons for free products downloaded from the Internet (where the word FREE appears on the coupon).
- By law, we cannot accept manufacturers' coupons for alcohol.
- We reserve the right to limit quantities.
- We reserve the right to refuse any coupon that may appear fraudulent/photocopied.
- We will only accept coupons that are in date, and product or purchase requirements have been met (must match exactly; size, variety, flavor, etc.).
- We uphold any purchase stipulations set forth by manufacturer.
- We will not accept a manufacturers' coupon for the product that is received FREE as part of a Buy One, Get One offer.
- We do not double manufacturers' coupons that state "do not double".
- We do not accept Internet coupons over $4.99.
- We are unable to accept digital forms of coupons (other than our own Shoppers Club Digital Coupons). This includes Wegmans coupons that are uploaded to smartphone applications.
For the Greater Syracuse Area of New York:
- Only FOUR (4) manufacturers' coupons for free products can be redeemed per day (excluding Internet coupons).
For Williamsport, Allentown, Nazareth and Bethlehem in Pennsylvania:
- Manufacturer’s Coupons with a face value at less than $1.00 we double to a maximum value of $1.00.
For the Midlothian, Short Pump & Charlottesville Stores:
- We do not double manufacturer coupons
Face Value Redemption For:
- Coupons not for a specific brand name item.
- Free item coupons (excluding Internet coupons).
Additional Shoppers Club Notes:
Discounts on certain items (marked by MFR) are supported by the manufacturer; we are required by law to charge sales tax on the manufacturer-sponsored portion of such offers. Forgotten coupons and Shoppers Club discounts must be redeemed within two weeks of the original purchase date with original receipt.
What is your pricing guarantee?
We pledge that we will not charge a customer a price for any item which exceeds the shelf price, sale price or advertised price.
We have confidence in the accuracy of our scanner pricing system. If, in spite of our efforts, we make a mistake and you're overcharged, you are entitled to the following:
- A refund of the difference so you’re charged the lower amount.
- ONE DOLLAR ($1.00) as a “Thank You” for calling this to our attention.
Exceptions for Massachusetts and New Jersey:
- If you are overcharged on an item, you are entitled to that (1) item free (up to $10). Additional items thereafter will be charged at the lower, indicated price.
- If the item is over $10, you will be charged the indicated price and receive $10 off the order. Additional items thereafter will be charged at the lower, indicated price.
Exceptions for the Greater Buffalo Area (except Military Road):
If your order is complete and you have been overcharged, you are entitled to a refund in accordance with Erie and Chautauqua County law.
- Present your register receipt to our Service Desk and complete a Super Refund request form.
- Once the overcharge has been verified, you will receive the difference in price, plus an amount equal to 10 times the difference.
- The Super Refund may not be less than one dollar, nor more than ten dollars.
- If more than one identical item is purchased, you will receive a Super Refund on one item, plus the difference in price on the additional items.
What is your replacement and refund policy?
Our goal is to do such a good job providing the finest quality products that you never have to bring anything back. However, the reality is that every now and then, a return is necessary. When that happens, we will gladly replace any unsatisfactory product.
If a refund rather than a replacement is requested, please provide the register receipt and your Shoppers Club Card. Refunds must be given in the same form as payment was made. (Debit card payments will be refunded as cash.)
- Without a receipt, store credit will be given in the form of a Wegmans Gift Card at the lowest sale price. Refund totals over $25.00 require your Shoppers Club Card (no key tags) and your valid (not expired) driver’s license or equivalent.
- Store Management reserves the right to deny any refund based on their discretion.
Exceptions for New York:
- Refunds on alcoholic beverages will be given only in cases where product or packaging remains unopened.
- Refunds for opened alcoholic beverages will only be given if there is a quality issue and a product complaint form is completed.
Exceptions for Pennsylvania:
- Refunds on alcoholic beverages will only be given when accompanied by an original receipt in cases where the product remains unopened.
- Alcohol refunds can only be given at registers within the licensed area.
- Pennsylvania Law only allows refunds on unopened beer.
Please note: With or without a receipt, refunds or exchanges cannot be given on gift cards, phone cards, prepaid cards, EZ passes, tickets, expired products or unopened perishable products.
What is your raincheck policy?
If we temporarily run out of an advertised special, we will try to substitute it with a similar item. If we cannot do this, the Customer Service Desk, Front End or department manager will gladly provide you with a raincheck good for 30 days. A raincheck is a one-time purchase certificate and must be handed to the cashier upon beginning the order. Limits may be placed on these items. Rainchecks may not be used in conjunction with future Shoppers Club sales.
What is your internet coupon policy?
We take internet coupons with only two restrictions.
FREE coupons are not accepted, and the fine print, to minimize checker uncertainty, is that the word FREE can't appear on the coupon. This includes Buy One, Get One Free offers. The other restriction is that the electronic coupon value (or the double value) may not exceed the value of the item being purchased; the same as for other coupons.