Change My Store
Stores you've recently shopped
Here are some stores near
Select a Location
Sorry, it looks like we can’t get your location and you have no recent visits to a Wegmans store.
During the winter 2019 Checkout scanning campaign at 30 Wegmans stores in Massachusetts, Buffalo and the Southern Tier of New York, and parts of Pennsylvania, hunger relief donations hit $1,242,557. Check Out Hunger allows customers to donate $2, $3, $5, or any other amount at checkout with 100 percent of the proceeds going to each store’s local food bank.
“Every dollar counts in the fight against hunger, and we can’t thank our customers and employees enough for helping us reduce the hunger that exists right in our own neighborhoods and communities,” said Linda Lovejoy, Wegmans community relations manager. “Our annual Check Out Hunger campaigns are proof that communities thrive when we all work together.”
The food banks that will receive donations are listed below with the amount raised, and in parenthesis, the Wegmans stores that raised money for them:
· Greater Boston Food Bank - $95,960 (Burlington, Chestnut Hill, Medford, and Westwood)
· Worcester County Food Bank - $27,033 (Northborough)
· Tri County United Way Pearl St. Cupboard & Café - $11,334 (Natick)
· Food Bank of the Southern Tier - $247,129 (Five stores in the Southern Tier region)
· Food Bank of Western New York - $623,064 (11 stores in the Buffalo region)
· Central Pennsylvania Food Bank - $31,680 (Harrisburg and Williamsport)
· Food Bank of the State College Area - $33,476 (State College)
· Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest Pennsylvania - $81,215 (Erie Peach St. And Erie West)
· The Weinberg Northeast Regional Food Bank – $55,588 (Dickson City and Wilkes Barre)
· Council of Churches Food Hub – $18,038 (Lancaster)
· Water Street Mission - $18,038 (Lancaster)
The winter campaign ran at various dates from January to March. Timing of the annual checkout scanning campaigns varies by region.
Hunger relief scanning campaigns raised more than $3.29 million at Wegmans in 2018. Since these programs began in 1993, Wegmans has raised more than $40 million for hunger relief. In addition to money raised for emergency food services in 2018, Wegmans also donated 14.5 million pounds of food to local food banks, food pantries, and soup kitchens across all its market areas.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 98-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, and Massachusetts. The family company, recognized as an industry leader and innovator, celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2016. Wegmans has been named one of the ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ by FORTUNE magazine for 22 consecutive years, ranking #3 in 2019.
Prices displayed in Instacart are increased to cover the cost of shopping your order.
You must have at least one item on your Shopping List to use Personal Shopping.