WHAT: “Best of Menu” Event. Stations throughout the store will offer tasting samples of popular dishes from the winter 2017 issue of Wegmans Menu magazine, and demos will show easy ways to create balanced meals that are delicious.
WHEN: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 21 & 22, 2017
WHERE: All Wegmans Food Markets stores
In the new year, many folks crave something a little lighter for dinner, with clean, wholesome ingredients but plenty of delicious flavors. If that sounds right to you, then stop by any Wegmans store for the storewide “Best of Menu” event” on Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 21 and 22, 2017. You’ll learn how easy it can be to assemble meals that are mostly under 600 calories per serving.
Wegmans chefs will demo “Dan Dan Veggie Noodles,” Wegmans’ fun new spin on veggies. We will teach you about our Feel Your Best Healthy Eating Guidelines. These guidelines suggest including a 5-ounce portion of cooked protein with two 4-ounce veggie sides. It’s simple, but offers rich variety, which customers will taste with samples of meals like these:
· Brown Sugar BBQ Pork, Butternut Squash Noodles and Seasoned Green Beans, for 530 calories.
· Chickenless Parmesan with Seasoned Green Beans, for 640 calories.
· Shrimp with Blush Sauce, Zucchini Noodles and a Sprouted Grain Roll, for 490 calories.
· Mexican Bowls: Salsa Verde Braised Pork, Red Chile Braised Beef or Cilantro Lime Chicken, to pair with a salad or veggie side for a balanced meal under 510 calories
· King Salmon Tataki Power Meal, with organic super greens, and organic red quinoa, 450 calories.
Customers can also enter a drawing to win a gift bag with the key ingredients needed to make one of our favorite balanced meals: Chickenless Parmesan, Brown Sugar BBQ Pork, or Shrimp with Blush Sauce and Veggies.