WHO: Wegmans customers and members of the media are invited
WHAT: A visit to Wegmans during the “Flavors of the World” event is the ideal time to try something new. International flavors of Asia, Mexico, and Italy will be highlighted through cooking demonstrations with recipes and ingredients to prepare globally-inspired meals with ease.
“Passports” with product coupons will guide customers toward cooking demos and recipe tasting stations. Demos include:
- Chef-led instruction on Wegmans’ three-step technique for easy Asian cooking
- King Salmon Tataki Sashimi demonstration
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese wheel cracking
Demos will take place at various times and departments; see store for details.
Upon arriving at the store, customers can also enter a drawing to win a Flavors of the World gift bag filled with products to make flavorful meals at home, including a variety of sauces, salsa, and black bean dip. For kids, there’s a Flavors of the World activity sheet, featuring coloring and word puzzles.
Samples are offered in a variety of departments. To name several:
- Cauliflower and Peas with Spicy Indian Simmer Sauce in the Produce department
- Thai Shrimp Noodle Soup or Thai Chicken Noodle Soup in Prepared Foods
- Kiwi King Salmon Roll in Sushi
- Ready to Cook Chili Garlic Fish with Tom Tom Sauce in the Seafood department
- Ready to Cook Braised Beef and Mushrooms in Red Chile Sauce in the Meat department
- Tiramisu in the Bakery
WHEN: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 5
WHERE: All Wegmans Food Markets locations