Whatever you’re in the mood for, The Pub at Wegmans is ready to bring a variety of delicious options to the table when it opens for business in the expanded side of the Perinton store on Tuesday, March 15.
“Wegmans Pubs have been popular in other states for several years and it’s exciting to finally open one in our hometown,” said Jigmed Latshang, manager of The Pub at Perinton. “It’s a comfortable place to catch up with people over great food and drinks. The menu offers something that will appeal to everyone in the family, no matter what they’re craving.”
What can Pub diners expect?
A fresh, seasonal menu. Chef-created entrées with side dishes that are a perfect match. Snacks and sharings, salads, and hand-crafted sandwiches have a contemporary tilt. It’s approachable food with flair. The kid’s menu offers meals that include a beverage, entrée, side, and dessert for $6. All dishes are made fresh to order with premium ingredients from the market.
- Snacks and Sharings range in price from $4 to $11 and include Yuengling Beer-Steamed PEI Mussels with shallot-thyme butter and crostini, warm Bavarian pretzels with spicy brown mustard and cheese sauce, Arugula or Caesar side salads, and more.
- Entrée Salads are priced from $11 to $14 for selections like Baby Kale and Arugula Salad, with chicken, walnuts, goat cheese, dried cranberries, honey wheat grain, and golden raisin vinaigrette; or the Thai-inspired Salad with mixed greens tossed in Thai peanut sauce with rice noodles, spiced chicken, carrot, cabbage, cilantro, roasted peanuts, edamame, lime, and noodle crispies.
- All sandwiches range from $10 to $14 and include a side of Tuscan fries. There’s the Pub Cheese Burger, with Adams Reserve cheddar, Wegmans Thousand Island dressing, leaf lettuce and vine-ripened tomato; the Fried Chicken Sandwich, double-dipped in buttermilk batter and topped with spicy ranch dressing, tomato, dill pickle slices, and lettuce; and the Fish Tacos, with blackened spiced mahi mahi, lime sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, shaved cabbage and cilantro.
- For a more substantial meal, try the chef-inspired entrees ($11-$24), each served with a choice of two sides. Options include the Chicken “Caprese” with lemon-garlic marinated chicken, topped with fresh tomato and fresh mozzarella cheese; or Beer Battered Haddock “Fish and Chips” with remoulade sauce, and lemon.
Outstanding beverage choices. Local and regional craft brews and cider, with beer on tap and by the bottle. Wegmans is also partnering with Fairport Brewing to produce a Pub-exclusive ale that will be available soon. Distinctive, food-friendly red and white wine by the glass or bottle, seasonal cocktails, and specialty beverages.
- Eight brews on tap lead off the drink menu. Another 34 domestic, imported and craft beers and ciders are available by the bottle, from pilsners and lagers to pale ales, Belgian style, and stouts, at prices from $3.50 to $9 per serving.
- Wines by the glass range from $6.50 to $11.50, and include popular varietals, like Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Merlot, with Riesling and Cabernet Franc from the Finger Lakes.
- Seasonal cocktails and sangria range from $7 to $12. The sangria is made fresh with fruit from the market and sold by the glass or carafe.
- There are also non-alcoholic specialty beverages like Saranac 1888 Black Cherry Cream and Saranac 1888 Ginger Beer for $2.50.
Cozy look and feel. An open kitchen and low, comfortable, family-friendly tables and chairs. Walls and curtains distance the bustle of the store for relaxation and privacy. It’s a neighborhood spot with seating for 90, including the bar, tables, banquette, and a traditional British pub-style snug.
Events. Keep an eye out for upcoming events and specials. In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, The Pub opens with Irish favorites, like bangers and mash and corned beef and cabbage. Stay tuned for live music, happy hour specials, oyster week, and more to come.
Reservations. Beginning in May, The Pub will accept reservations through Open Table and by phone. Anytime there’s a wait, diners on the list can either use a pager or receive a text alert when their table is ready.
The restaurant at Perinton is Wegmans’ ninth Pub and second in New York State. The Pub concept was introduced at Wegmans’ Collegeville, Pa., store in 2009. Other Pub locations are found at several Wegmans stores in Pa., Alexandria Va., and Transit Road in Buffalo. Three more Pubs are set to open in new stores later this year. Other restaurants by Wegmans include Next Door in Pittsford, Amore Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar in Rochester, and The Burger Bar, with four locations at stores in N.Y. and Md.
The Pub by Wegmans will be open 11:30 am to 9 pm Sunday through Thursday; 11:30 am to 10 pm Friday and Saturday.