Change My Store
Stores you've recently shopped
Here are some stores near
Select a Location
Sorry, it looks like we can’t get your location and you have no recent visits to a Wegmans store.
Wegmans Food Market customers in Md. and Va. donated 81,894 pounds of food during a two-week “Fill the Bus” food drive to support local food banks’ increased summer needs. From Sunday, June 21 through Saturday, July 4, customers were invited to help “Fill the Bus” by donating non-perishable items that provide healthy meal options for children when they do not have access to free or reduced-price meals at school.
“We sincerely thank our customers and employees for their caring and generous response to help reduce hunger in local neighborhoods,” said Wegmans Community Relations Manager Linda Lovejoy. “These donations translate to more than 68,000 meals during this time of increased need.”
Service desks at the 14 participating stores posted wish lists of non-perishable items intended to be nutritious and easy to prepare, like tuna fish, peanut butter, and canned soup. Products to donate were also displayed by the registers and could be purchased at checkout and then placed in a “Fill the Bus” collection bin located by the front of the store.
Donations were collected and transported to the food banks that partner with each store, remaining in the immediate community. The food banks that received donations are listed below with the pounds of food collected, and in parentheses, the Wegmans stores that partner with them:
· Harford Community Action Agency – 1,300 pounds (Bel Air)
· Howard County Community Action Council – 4,225 pounds (Columbia)
· Anne Arundel County Food Bank – 1,900 pounds (Crofton)
· Frederick Community Action Agency – 2,508 pounds (Frederick)
· Manna Food Center – 2,453 pounds (Germantown)
· Maryland Food Bank – 11,112 pounds (Hunt Valley)
· Shabach Ministries – 1,160 pounds (Woodmore)
· Capital Area Food Bank – 1,600 pounds (Alexandria)
· Loudoun Interfaith Relief – 22,757 pounds (Dulles/Sterling and Leesburg)
· Food for Others – 17,498 pounds (Fairfax)
· Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank – 2,163 pounds (Fredericksburg)
· SERVE Inc. – 5,342 pounds (Manassas/Gainesville)
· ACTS – 7,876 pounds (Potomac/Woodbridge)
In 2014, Wegmans donated approximately 13.5 million pounds of food to local food banks, food pantries, and soup kitchens across all of its market areas.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is an 86-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, and Massachusetts. The family-owned company, founded in 1916, is recognized as an industry leader and innovator. Wegmans has been named one of the ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ by FORTUNE magazine for 18 consecutive years, ranking #7 in 2015. The company also ranked #1 for Corporate Reputation, among the 100 ‘most-visible companies’ nationwide in the 2014 Harris Poll Reputation Quotient ® study.
Prices displayed in Instacart are increased to cover the cost of shopping your order.
You must have at least one item on your Shopping List to use Personal Shopping.