Offer more choice: 50,000 to 70,000 products (in the largest stores), compared to an average of just over 40,000 (according to the Food Marketing Institute) in most supermarkets. More than 3,000 organic products throughout the store.
Are larger than most supermarkets: (We need room for all that stuff!) Stores run 75,000 to 140,000 square feet in size, with spacious aisles.
Look and feel like a European open-air market: Dazzling displays of fresh produce, artisan breads, and other baked goods hot from the oven several times a day. Meat, fresh-caught seafood, deli products and imported cheeses, international foods, plus all the grocery, dairy, frozen, and household items usually found in a supermarket.
Customers will also find:
- A Market Café—offering take-out or in-store dining, with seating for 100 to upwards of 300
- Restaurant-quality entrees, soups, appetizers, gourmet sandwiches and side dishes
- Sushi made fresh daily, in a variety of vegetable, cooked, and raw made-to-order selections
- Old-fashioned Sub Shop offering hot and cold subs/wraps, party trays, and cookies
- The Buzz Coffee Shop with specialty coffee, tea, and breakfast sandwiches
- Organic Salad Bar, Veggie Bar, Homestyle Bar, and Asian Bar
- Pizza Shop featuring thin-crust pizza, calzones and chicken wings
- Bakery—European breads and rolls, water-boiled bagels, muffins, pies, cakes, and pastries
- Nature’s Marketplace—natural and organic foods, supplements, premium teas, and foods for special dietary needs, including gluten-free
- Pharmacy, offering free home shipping, automated refills, and even pet medications
- Housewares and seasonal merchandise—everything to entertain, prepare, serve, and celebrate food
- Floral Shop, greeting cards, and gifts
- Health and beauty care products; cosmetics; bath and body